Popular opinion would have you thinking that the only time your home will sell is during the spring. Although spring is a super exciting time in real estate, it isn’t necessarily the only time you should consider selling your home. The spring season is known to bring out buyers and sellers alike. With the onslaught of buyers and sellers it is important to note that there is more competition. Note that more sellers’ means more homes to choose from; more buyers mean more competition to get top dollar for available inventory.
In some situations it makes sense to wait until the spring but it isn’t necessarily the only time to consider buying or selling a home. There are many reasons to consider listing your home right now. Consider the following:
- Work Relocations: The first quarter of the year is known for people relocating for work. Changes are made to adjust for work load, retirements, and such. Sellers are looking to move their homes quickly while promptly looking to purchase a home.
- Fewer Homes for Sale: Selling in the winter when there are fewer homes for sale can work in your favor. A smaller inventory of homes means that your home will receive a lot more attention.
- More Agent Attention: Fewer homes that agents are marketing allow the agent to spend more time on your listing.
- Fewer Showings: When your home is listed outside of the spring season the number of showings your home will have is sure to be less. The quality of home buyers is increased during slower times in real estate therefore the quantity of people that will be less. The benefit to you, less work in keeping your home up to date and clean.
- Quicker Home Sales: Home buyers that are out searching for their dream home in the winter are motivated. There is no wasting time going in and out of home after home. It is cold, buyers are inspired to shop quickly and get into a new home and out of the cold.
If you are thinking about selling your home there is no need to wait until April. Now is the perfect time to meet with a real estate agent to start discussing what needs to be done to get your home listed. This will give you ample time to hit the market before the spring rush and hopefully get you out of your home and into a new one just in time to enjoy the nicer weather.
Lady of the Lakes Real Estate is Livingston County’s premiere realtor; out of Pinckney, Michigan helping buyers buy and sellers sell homes that provide a recreational lifestyle including golf courses, lakes and the Huron river chain of lakes, throughout Brighton, Howell, Pinckney and the surrounding area. Find out more at http://www.ladyofthelakes.com.